Graduated License (Learner's Permit)

Instructions for Graduated License (Learner's Permit)

The following information is for teens at least 15 years old who have received a Driving Eligibility Certificate and a Driver's Education Certificate from an approved driver education course can apply at an NCDMV driver license office for a North Carolina graduated license.

The following documents are required (click the links for examples) :

Other items of note:

  • One parent or legal guardian should be present to sign the application
  • NCDMV charges a fee to apply for graduated license

For additional information, please visit the Graduated Licensing website for NCDMV and the FAQ page for DPI Driver Education.