What does my child need to enroll in Cleveland County Schools?

New students or incoming kindergartners who reside in the district of Cleveland County Schools should present an official birth certificate (not the hospital's record of birth), and a certificate showing that the student has received the required immunizations. Transferring students should also provide a transcript or report card from the previous school year, to document grade placement. Kindergartners should pass a physical examination - a physician's signature is required on a form provided by the school system. Kindergartners must be 5 years old on or before the first day of school of the year they will enter school If a child is homeless or is identified as being homeless, he or she shall be immediately enrolled in and allowed to attend school, even if the child or his or her parents cannot produce such records.

In addition, parents must show proof of residency (lease or real estate document, power bill, etc.).

Click here to download the Proof of Residence Verification Form - English
Click here to download the Proof of Residence Verification Form - Spanish


What immunizations are required to enter school?
North Carolina law requires every child to be immunized against diphtheria, tetanus, whooping cough, polio, red measles (rubeola), rubella and (German measles). Children under 5 must be immunized against Haemophilus influenzae type B (Hib), and a Hepatitis B vaccine is required for children born on or after July 1, 1994.