ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR TODAY:
The announcements are played on Eagle Vision each day, as well as played during lunch.
May 6th - 10th , 2013
1) Any 8th grade student interested in attending a summer camp June 17-June 21st to learn about careers related to Allied Health needs to see Ms. Jenks for more information. Space is limited and you must apply and be selected to attend.
2) Calling All Parents, Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, etc....ANYONE who can volunteer to help proctor for End of Year Testing! Dates: June 4, 5, & 6
We must have a proctor in each classroom for testing, in addition to the classroom teacher. We need your help! Please call 704-538-3126 and ask for Mrs. Garrison to sign up.
Thank you for taking time to ensure the best testing environment for our students!
3) FREE SPORTS PHYSICALS for Prospective Student Athletes!! May 16 at 6:00 p.m.- until
at Burns High School
- Pre-physical screenings (Height, Weight, Blood Pressure, Pulse & Vision) will be done during the school day.
- 8th Grade --Monday, May 6th (During Health/PE classes 8:-45--10)
6th & 7th grade--Tuesday, May 7th & Wednesday, May 8th (During Health/PE classes 10:55--1:45)
- Students must have the entire pre-physical packet completed to be seen, including parent signatures.
Packets were given out during Health and PE classes on Friday, May 3rd.
4) Please Support Relay For Life!
Come visit the BMS Tent on May 17, 2013 at 6:00PM
Relay For Life of Cleveland County-Shelby at the Cleveland County Fairgrounds! We will have Face Painting, Sno Cones, and Pedal Tractor Races for Children!
5) On June 1st, we will enjoy our new tradition, Eighth Grade Prom. The prom will held in the BMS commons area from 7:00 p.m. until 10:00 p.m. Students will be asked to sign a “Prom Agreement” stating that they understand all the expectations and requirements for attending this special event. The cost is $10 per person.** Students can purchase tickets from Ms. Benson before or after school. Also, tickets may be purchased at lunch at the concession stand.
** Tickets will be sold from April 22nd until May 17th. All ticket purchases are final and nonrefundable.
Have a great day at Burns Middle School!!