Elementary and intermediate school Battle of the Books teams from around the county came together at Central Services to test their knowledge in preliminary competition March 30 and 31. The students competed in nine rounds over the course of the two-day event answering in-depth reading comprehension questions about 18 books.
The results from the event are as follows:
Day 1 Results
- 1st Place: Casar Elementary
- 2nd Place: West Elementary
- 3rd Place: Jefferson Elementary
Day 2 Results
- 1st Place: Kings Mountain Intermediate
- 2nd Place: Marion Elementary
- 3rd Place: North Elementary
These top finishing groups will come together again on April 15th along with three wildcard teams -Washington, Springmore, and Grover elementaries - to compete in the Super eBOB competition.