Latest News‎ > ‎

2018-2019 Student transfer forms now available

posted Feb 1, 2018, 6:18 AM by Greg Shull
Transfer applications for the 2018-2019 school year are now available online and at individual schools. Applications must be submitted to CCS Central Services, 400 West Marion Street of Shelby, on or before April 9, 2018.

Important points to remember about student transfers:
  • In-county transfers are good for the grade span of the school to which the transfer was given. A new transfer application is required for a student entering a new school. Example: a new transfer is required if a student is out-of-district and moving from middle school to high school.
  • All out-of-county transfer students must complete a new transfer request every year. Also included for out-of-county transfers is the requirement to pay tuition. The out-of-county tuition fee is $1,414.
  • Student transfers may be revoked for violations of attendance or discipline policies. 
  • The parent of any incoming Kindergarten student who desires a transfer will need to complete a transfer form. Kindergarten students are encouraged to attend Kindergarten Orientation at their home school.
  • Schools and/or grade levels within schools may be closed to transfers to avoid classroom overcrowding.
  • If a high school student’s transfer request is approved, the student may be ineligible for athletic participation for a period of 365 days.
For additional information concerning transfers, please contact Ronny Funderburke or Mary Richards at (704) 476-8000.

The English and Spanish versions are attached below.  
Greg Shull,
Feb 1, 2018, 6:18 AM
Greg Shull,
Feb 1, 2018, 6:18 AM