School Bus Routes
School bus routes are established with safety and consistency in mind. North Carolina Administrative Codes are followed when creating school bus routes. Highlights of these codes are:
- Students must live at least 1/2 miles from school to be eligible for transportation.
- Buses must be operated on state maintained roads.
- Passenger stops must be at least .2 mile apart when safety permits.
- Students who are assigned by transfer are not eligible for transportation.
Part-time drivers needed
Times: Average 2-4 hours / day @ approximately $10/hour.
Training: Will involve three days class training + 3 additional days of road training.
Advantages: Free mid days, no night or weekend work, no layoffs, opportunity to work into full time positions with CCS.
Where can I get information when we have Inclement Weather?
In the event of hazardous weather or other emergencies, information regarding school closings will be announced no later than 6am and will be broadcast on the following stations:
- WSOC-TV Channel 9 (Charlotte)
- WBTV Channel 3 (Charlotte)
For the latest information or click on the snowflake to go directly to the inclement weather page on the CCS web site.